The Anderson Park District wants you to have a safe and enjoyable visit. By following these common sense rules, you can help yourself have fun!
- Obey posted speed limits for your safety and that of other park patrons.
- Park in designated areas only. Please do not park along driveways.
- Prevent theft by locking your vehicles. Lock valuables in the trunk or leave them at home. Do not leave your purse or wallet on or under your car seat.
- Parks and playgrounds can be busy. Make sure you watch your children. Do not leave children unattended.
- Please help your pets enjoy their visit to the parks by keeping them on a leash at all times. (Dogs may be unleashed in the Kellogg Dog Field with a permit).
- Guard against sunburn and long-term effects of skin cancer by using a PABA sunscreen or wearing a hat and loose-fitting clothing.
- During oppressively hot and muggy days, avoid unnecessary exposure to heat and drink plenty of water.
Safe Walking and Jogging
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Walk confidently.
- Look people in the eye as you pass them. This lets others know that you are aware of their presence.
- Wear shoes and clothing that allow freedom of movement.
- Don’t wear headphones while exercising. Being able to hear your surroundings will allow you to notice someone you don’t see.
- Carry a cell phone.
Hike/Bike Trail Etiquette
- Be considerate of others.
- All trail users keep to the right and precede single file around blind turns.
- Everyone should give an audible warning before passing others.
- Use authorized trails. Respect closures.
- Dogs must be on a leash and should be reined into within four feet when approaching another person. Remove defecation and properly dispose.
- Don’t litter. Pack out what you pack in.