Soccer and Lacrosse Fields
Field Status Updates
Monday – Friday: by 4 p.m.- Final Update Report
Saturday – Sunday: 7:30 a.m.- Early Report; 10 a.m.- Final Update Report (as needed); As Conditions Change, Updates May Be Made After Final Report
Field Closing Policy
Users must check their field’s status BEFORE PLAYING to ascertain if it is open. When a field is closed, the field may not be played on under any circumstances. Anyone who plays or practices on a closed field will be subject to a $150 fine per field, plus damages and may be subject to a one-year suspension of eligibility for use of any APD field, even if coaches and/or officials are not present. The loss of rental revenue may also be assessed and included in the invoice if the field is rendered unplayable due to the action of the offender.
Closing Soccer, Lacrosse and other fields
The following conditions will determine if soccer, lacrosse and other fields are closed:
- Standing water or muddy conditions in the high traffic areas of the field (i.e. goal areas and the center of the field).
- Wetness to turf that will cause soil structure damage, thinning of turf, and further damage to already worn areas.
- Slippery surfaces which could affect player safety or cause divots which may dry to a rough surface.
- The presence of frosted or frozen turf conditions.
- Some fields may be closed at Clear Creek Park regardless of field conditions. For example, when grass parking areas can not support parking for the number of scheduled fields, due to wetness or other conditions affecting the availability of grass parking.
- Less stringent standards may apply when making decisions for a special event or tournament.
Note: The Anderson Park District and their respective Boards and Staff assume no liability in the event of accident or injury and make no warranty as to the playing conditions that may exist on any of the facilities they provide. If league representatives or referees deem conditions, including weather or other factors, to render a field unsafe, they must stop play immediately. All fields should be vacated if lightning or any other element is present which threatens the safety of the participants.