Funding Your Park System
The Anderson Park District operates with the assistance of your tax dollars. Approximately 70% of the district’s expenses are covered by tax revenue while the remaining 30% is covered by alternative sources.
The park district works hard to seek these alternative funding sources to supplement your tax dollars. Examples of alternative funding sources include grants, fees for programs and events, cash, in-kind gifts, and field user fees. Your tax dollars help to purchase land, develop current facilities, and provide ongoing maintenance to your parks, available every day of the year for your benefit and enjoyment!
2023 Amended Budget (approved July 11, 2023)
2023 Approved Budget (approved January 10, 2023)