Update posted: 10-19-20
All of our indoor programming remains on hold and the Anderson Parks RecPlex remains closed while renovations wrap-up and the move-in process takes place.
The park district will not be offering youth basketball leagues in the fall of 2020 or the winter of 2021.
In order to offer our youth basketball program, we rely heavily upon renting other organizations’ facilities. The facilities we usually rent are not available to us at this time.
We continue to evaluate our league opportunities and are working to establish a way to safely offer youth sports leagues in the Anderson Parks RecPlex. Our goal is to offer volleyball in the winter of 2021 and youth basketball in the fall of 2021. These decisions will evolve depending on information and guidelines from the health department and OHSAA. If we are able to move forward, a recreational girls volleyball league for the winter season would take place February-April 2021. Please continue to check our website for updates in December. Click Here to join our email list for program updates.
Update posted: 9-1-20
We are excited to announce registration is open for limited outdoor programs and classes.
Update posted: 7-27-20
Our top priority is the health and safety of our participants, coaches and staff. Accordingly, we will continue to evaluate when and how we can reasonably offer programming that complies with Ohio Governor DeWine, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the Hamilton County Health Commissioner’s recommendations to help prevent the further spread of COVID-19. Within the past couple weeks, we have seen updates including a new Ohio Health Advisory System that lists Hamilton County at level 3. The recommendation at level 3 is to limit activities as much as possible to prevent exposure and spread.
In addition to this new advisory system and considering the negative impact of procedures following a positive diagnosis (quarantine of participants, coaches and staff), we struggle to see how we can safely bring people back indoors to recreate at this time. Therefore, indoor programming will remain on hold. We will shift our focus to outdoor programming that adheres to the safety guidelines and discourages physical contact, sharing of equipment and large gatherings. We are also exploring the possibility of classes that take place outdoors on one specific date. This single date approach will help us navigate the weekly alert level update that would make scheduling multi-week classes a challenge.
As more information becomes available, we will continue to re-evaluate, adjust and adapt. When we begin offering programs again, we will market those activities through email. Click Here to join our email list. Please continue to check our website for updates.