November 8, 2023
Anderson Parks Issue 18
On behalf of the Board of Park Commissioners, thank you Anderson Township residents for voting yes on November 7th for the capital levy to improve the Anderson Parks. We are fortunate to live in a township where the residents recognize the benefits of continuing a quality park system in their community.
The Commissioners extend a sincere thank you to the volunteers who devoted countless hours of their personal time to share the park’s message with the voters. We specifically want to recognize the Citizens for Parks and Recreation levy committee members for their tireless efforts: Doug Boettner, PhD, Levy Chair, and Harry Fermann, Treasurer. I also thank the Anderson Parks staff whose efforts to educate the public about the purpose for the capital levy ensured a positive outcome for this endeavor.
With the new capital levy in place, the Anderson Park District will hit the ground running to make the improvements throughout your parks. The immediate projects include:
- Riverside Park: all weather field (existing) turf replacement, estimated by summer 2024.
- Beech Acres Park: ready the Beech Acres Parenting Center property expansion.
- Kellogg Park:
- pickleball court construction (minimum 6 courts, oriented north/south)
- paved trail outside dog field
- Veterans Park: complete playground renovation, parking lot renovation, and trails extension.
- W. M. Johnson Hills Park: natural surface trails renovation.
- Laverty Park: restroom addition and parking lot renovation.
The planning for the additional projects will begin in phases. Visit the Comprehensive List to see the full list of capital levy park improvements. Project status updates will be posted so that residents can stay informed about the park improvements progress.
Again, thank you, Anderson Township residents, for your support! We are grateful for your approval.
If you have questions about the park improvements levy, contact Ken Kushner, Executive Director, 513-388-2492 or KKushner@AndersonParks.com.
We look forward to seeing you in the parks!
Dominic Wolfer, President
Anderson Park District Board of Park Commissioners